Before we go in-depth on our main topic how long does it take to learn Java, it is important for us to have a brief introduction to it. Java is a Programming Language that first appeared in 1995 and it is now about 26 years old. Java has been the pioneer language in the development industry because of its speed and efficiency since its arrival. Still, it is being used for a lot of purposes in which no other language is even a close match to Java.
Also, I’ll explain everything that is necessary for the readers to understand this article completely. I want you to follow along till the end of this article carefully in order to get to know about it in detail.
1. Understanding Java Programming Language
1.1 What is Java?
Java was previously owned and first introduced by sun microsystems but later sun microsystems was acquired by oracle corporation which is its current owner. Java is a high-level class-based object-oriented programming language in which every object is dealt with as an object. The best thing about it is that it can be run on any platform no matter if it is windows or mac.
The Java Program code is compiled from a .java file and code is generated in the form of a .class file which is known as bytecode. This bytecode is capable of running on any platform no matter if it’s windows or mac simply with the help of an interpreter called JVM(Java Virtual Machine). It interprets the bytecode into machine code which is readable and executed by the machine.
1.2 Importance of Java Programming language today in the development sector
Even after a lot of advancements in the development sector as there are a lot of alternatives available which are very easy to use and even sometimes they are more efficient because of which the old languages are left with much less use now but still Java is such a language which is still preferred in some sectors over the modern programming languages and is still greatly in use by large enterprises especially.
Still, there is a dire need to make some improvements in Java to make it compatible with the modern world development scenarios so that it can be used to fulfill the modern-day purposes of users.
1.3. What are the uses of Java Programming language today?
There are the following use cases of java programming language today that are listed below:
- Mobile Application Development
- Desktop Application Development
- Web-Based Application Development
- Dealing with big data
- Cloud-based Application Development
- IOT Applications Development
- Enterprise Level Applications Development
2. How long does it take to learn the Java programming language?
n order to know the time duration for learning any kind of development then it depends on some factors and as well as on the individual himself. These factors are all discussed below:
- The interest of the learner.
- Prior development experience can play a key role in determining the learning time.
- Commitment towards a decision.
- Devotion towards your work.
- Scheduling your whole day for better time management.
The actual time that it can cost
Now if you have all the factors in you then it can hardly cost you 3-4 months if you give it proper timing but if you lack some of the above factors in you then it can cost you around 5-6 months complete if you give your learning proper timing.
This time is not only for learning it but also you can master in this time if you practice hard.
3. What are some of the best practices for learning any programming language?
Here I’m going to discuss with you some best practices that I’ve learned through my personal experiences during my learning journey that can help you not even learn it in less time but also you can master your development skills. I’ve learned them after making a lot of mistakes and they are helpful for learning any kind of development. They are all listed below:
- First of all, I want you to learn with proper concentration whatever you learn from the courses and make notes in a separate notebook that would prove helpful for you in the future. If possible try to record all the details in the form of bullets as it would help you remember everything with ease. And also whatever you learn practice it again and again until you completely understand the functionality of that particular element.
- After you have learned and completely understood any computer programming language that you wish to learn, try to make at least 4 projects on your own with your own creative ideas but with proper devotion and patience.
- Once you have completed all those 4 projects properly now is the time by which you have mastered most of the language elements and components. After that, I want you to keep the notes that you have made so far with you and start revising all the code from the beginning and keep practicing it side by side.
- Also, revise the projects that you have made yourself and give this complete revision process in steps 3 and 4 for about a week. Trust me after you have followed all that I have described in this article you’ll be a master in any type of computer programming language that you wish to learn and you’ll be able to work on almost any type of project by this time.
4. Is Java worth learning in 2022?
Well, the answer depends on the type of work that you wish to do because no programming language out there is perfect in every sense but they all have some loopholes and limitations in them. This is the reason that they are all still evolving with time to get improved.
Java still has a lot of uses as I’ve shared with you above but still, for some jobs, it is not the best choice. If you want to learn a language for mobile app development only, then you should go for the Flutter framework. But if you want to learn it for enterprise-level application development, game development, etc. then Java is the best choice for you to learn because a lot of companies prefer Java for the development of their enterprise-level applications.
So, if you want to know if a language is worth learning in 2022 or not, you should first check for the best uses that it can serve and then choose any language that best meets your requirements.
6. Best sources for learning Java Programming Language
Here, I’m going to share with you the top sources for learning not only Java but also any other type of language and I also use these sources personally for learning any type of IT-related courses.
The time in which one can learn not only Java but any other programming language totally depends on the person himself. If somebody thinks that he can learn any language in 5 months without devotion, commitment, proper attention, and most of all giving proper timing then it is totally like the Vain thinking of a foolish politician.
So, the important thing other than knowing the time is the factors that I’ve discussed above in this article. If any of those factors is missing in someone then he should try to adopt them all. It is the only way one can learn any programming language completely in less time.
The purpose of discussing all the relative concepts is to provide a proper understanding of the Java programming language and the time in which one can learn it.
Also, let me know in the comment section what do you think about the stuff that I’ve discussed in this article?