Before answering the question that how long does it take to become a graphic designer it is more important to have a brief introduction to it. Graphic Designing has evolved into an industry and almost all of the fields of work in one way or the other depends on this industry.
For example, almost every person today wants to promote and market his work with the best available techniques. This involves the use of eye-catching graphically designed visuals that really attract the target audience towards them. One of the most important and advanced ways is the use of animated ads that are displayed over different types of online media and television.
I want you to follow along till the end of this article carefully in order to get to know about it in detail.
1. What is Graphic Designing?
In simple words, graphics designing is the art of designing different visuals for a business or company, organization, product, or any other type of work in a beautiful way with the help of different tools and software that are specially designed for this purpose.
In the process of branding our business or any other type of work, it can never be completed unless the graphic design part is done properly.
2. How long does it take to become a Graphic Designer?
2.1 Important factors that are responsible for determining the exact time
Certain factors that are really important for learning not only Graphic Designing but also any other type of skill, play the most important role in determining the time in which one can learn it.
- Personal interest – Your interest matters the most and it is very easy to understand that if you have interest in what you are doing you are going to do it in a much better way and much earlier than if you had no interest in your work.
- Prior experience – If you have prior experience in using different computer software like Microsoft Office or any other application that may have similar functionality like other Graphic Designing software then it can also help in learning Graphic Designing in less time than if you had no prior experience.
- Commitment towards your decision – The more committed you are to your decision the more passionately you are going to work on it. Definitely this factor can help you utilize more and more time in your work and you can easily avoid any distractions that could come in your way. It’ll not only help you in learning it but also in becoming a graphic designer in much less time.
- Devotion – It’s very simple to understand that the more devoted you are towards your work the more easy it’ll be for you to learn and master your skills.
- Scheduling – The best initiative that one can take no matter which field he belongs to is scheduling of his time and work. It’ll help him easily manage all his work in decided time and with the help of it you can not only easily manage your work within time but also you’ll be able to save more time and utilize it in productivity.
2.2 How much time does a person needs to become a Graphic Designer?
- If you have carefully read all of the above factors than it is going to be much easier for you to know the actual time that it’ll cost you to become a graphic designer.
- As we’ve talked earlier Graphic Designing has evolved into a industry and there are various sub fields in this industry. One has to choose one of the sub fields in the beginning because you can only learn each of them one by one with time and not at once and absolutely not over the night.
- If you have all of the factors that I’ve mentioned above which I recommend you must have then I guarantee you that at the end of 6 Months with continuous practice and learning you’ll have much of the skill that a professional graphic designer should have. It will be polished with time as you grow and work more and more in this industry.
- But if you don’t have all of the above factors in you then it is going to be really difficult for you to learn it in less time and most of all you won’t be able to master the skills because of lack of consistency in your work.
- I recommend you to stick to your work and don’t think of any benefit until you have mastered your skills with continuous practice and tell yourself that along with all of the above factors in you, it is important that you should give yourself at least 6 Months of learning time.
3. What are some of the best sources for learning Graphic Designing?
Learning Graphics Designing of any type is much easier today because all you need for this is an internet connection and you can learn it very easily from different online sources. There are the following main sources for learning Graphic Designing:
The time in which one can learn not only Graphic Designing but also any other skill totally depends on the person himself. If somebody thinks that he can learn any it in 5 months without devotion, commitment, proper attention, and most of all giving proper timing then it is totally like the Vain thinking of a foolish politician.
So, the important thing other than knowing the time is the factors that I’ve discussed above in this article. If any of those factors is missing in someone then he should try to adopt them all. It is the only way one can learn any skill completely in less time.
The purpose of discussing all the relative concepts is to provide a proper understanding of Graphic Designing and the time in which one can learn it.
Also, let me know in the comment section what do you think about all the stuff that I’ve discussed in this article?