It is definitely difficult to point out a lot of differences in the war between Graphic Artist Vs Graphic Designer because of the existence of similarities between them. The more important thing here is providing you guys with enough knowledge about these two terminologies so that you can easily differentiate between the two.
In today’s world Graphic Designing has now evolved into a whole industry. If we take a look at the past, the growing field of graphics has been associated with almost all the fields and today it has become a necessity for all such fields that wish to promote their work.
I want you to follow along till the end of this article carefully in order to get to know about it in detail.
1. Understanding Graphic Artist Vs Graphic Designer
1.1 Who is a Graphic Artist?
A graphic artist is a person who is involved in the work of creating graphics based on his creative thinking and ideas which don’t have to depend on the requirements of any other person at all. His work is one of pure creative work and a graphic artist belongs to a much broader field as the term Graphic Arts represents a whole graphic arts industry separately.
1.2 Who is a Graphic Designer?
A graphic designer is a person who is involved in the work of creating graphics partly based on his creative thinking and idea and partly they are tailored to the requirements of the customers and once the work is done the customer can pay the decided amount to the graphic designer. Also, Graphic Designing is a subfield of Graphic Arts.
2. What is the difference between between them / Graphic Artist Vs Graphic Designer?
Graphic Artist vs Graphic Designer
- Graphic Arts is a much broader term and a field as well, and it covers almost all the aspects of the graphic industry as a whole.
- It won’t be wrong to say that a graphic artist tries to facilitate his own creative idea or story.
- A Graphic Artist makes what he or she wants on the basis of his creative ideas and skills and may want to sell it later whenever anybody is willing to buy his work.
- Graphic Arts is a much broader term and it includes a lot of other fields like graphic designing, printing, pre-press, photography, photo stylist, photo retouching, illustration, typography, art direction, way finding design, sign painting, serigraphy, etc.
- A Graphic Artist could be expected to have expertise in one or more of its sub-fields and they are experts in laying the graphical structure of any campaign of a business, organization, or any other type of work.
- Graphic Designing is not as much a broader term as graphic arts but it is a subfield of graphic arts.
- It won’t be wrong to say that a graphic designer tries to facilitate the content that he is required to do.
- A graphic designer creates graphical content based on the price paid and tailors the design according to the requirements of the customers.
- Graphic designing is a subfield of Graphic Arts and in today’s world graphic designing has evolved into an industry on which almost every field depends for promoting their work as it involves different types of graphic design elements e.g. Logo Design, flyers, brochures, pamphlets, animated ads, etc.
- A Graphic designer has expertise in one or all types of Graphic Designing and one can hire him for any type of graphic designing work based on his expertise.
Both Graphic Arts and Graphic Designing are great in their own ways. Professionals related to any of these fields are highly skilled in Graphic Designing. Graphic Arts is a much broader term than Graphic Designing because it includes many sub-fields like graphic designing, printing, photo retouching, photography, etc.
Both these terms constitute a huge industry for graphic works so anybody who wishes to become either a Graphic Artist or a Graphic Designer, he’ll have to work hard in order to learn the required skills properly. Both of these have a vast scope and one can expect a bright future in this field.
Also, let me know in the comment section what do you think about all the stuff that I’ve discussed in this article?