Also, I’ll explain everything that is necessary for the readers to understand this article completely. I want you to follow along till the end of this article carefully in order to get to know about it in detail.
1.1 What is Dart?
Dart is a programming language developed by Google, it is actually made as a client-side language but it is also a general-purpose language So it can also be used for multiple purposes.
It is a class-based language that supports garbage collection and its syntax is similar to C programming language with Multi-Paradigm support i.e. it supports multiple programming styles that include OOP (object-oriented programming), Functional, Imperative, and Reflective.
It is also a statically typed programming language which means that variable types are known at the compile time.
It is also easy to learn language because of its syntax and it is used for both client-side(front-end) and server-side(back-end) development. It is the most popular programming language in the world because of its reliability and durability.
It also has its two frameworks which are the most widely used frameworks around the world at the back-end and front-end respectively. They are both given below:
- Node JS
- React JS
- Dart is developed as a client-side programming language but also, it can be used at the back-end. Still, dart being a growing language doesn’t have a complete back-end solution.
- Dart is a multi-paradigm programming language but it is highly portable and it can run almost everywhere.
- It is used for Mobile Application Development (Cross-platform mobile applications i.e. for IOS, Android, and Web using dart’s Flutter framework), Desktop Application Development (Windows, Mac, and Linux), IOT (Internet of Things), Back-end or server-side programming (It has back-end frameworks like Jaguar, Start, Shelf, Vane, Rikulo Stream, Alfred), Game Development (It has game development frameworks like Flame, Stage XL, Pixi Dart, Ranger).
- Dart is not that much popular yet because it is still in its developing stage and growing with time.
- Dart is a statically typed programming language in which you have to declare your variable types.
- It is used for adding interactivity to web pages, creating cross-platform mobile apps(Android, IOS, Web Apps), building web servers and developing server applications, Game Development, etc. It has now become a must to learn programming language for web development.
The best choice out of these totally depends upon the requirements of your project. If you already have a strong grip over a server-side language and Your project requirements include client-side development work then you can choose Dart programming language. But dart is best for Mobile Application development and it is not the best choice for web development until now but maybe future updates can change its scenario for web development.
4. Best sources for learning any type of development
Here, I’m going to share with you the top sources for learning any type of computer programming language and I also use these sources personally for learning any type of IT-related courses.
Let me know in the comment section what do you think about it and what is your preferred choice out of these?